At Bear Claw Land Services, our mission goes beyond providing practical, usable land for Colorado’s residents and businesses. We aim to preserve and enhance the state’s natural beauty while ensuring safety for its inhabitants. We achieve this through our team’s unparalleled expertise, the use of top-notch, well-maintained equipment, and a deep understanding of the local environment. Whether you’re looking for comprehensive land clearing services, proactive wildfire mitigation, or eco-friendly forestry mulching, Bear Claw Land Services is prepared to protect and improve your property, one acre at a time. With us, you can rest assured knowing that your land is in the hands of true professionals who care about you, your property, and the environment.
A noteworthy asset in our operations is our team members who possess Class A Commercial Driver’s Licenses (CDL). Having the authorization to drive large, heavy vehicles is invaluable in our line of work. It empowers us to efficiently transport our machinery and equipment to various job sites, ensuring that we provide our clients with timely, responsive service.
Bear Claw Land Services, based in Grand County, CO, is seeking a skilled Heavy Equipment Operator to join our team for fire mitigation, forestry, and excavation projects. In this role, you will be responsible for operating and maintaining various tools and equipment, including heavy machinery, chainsaws, chippers, and hand tools. You will work closely with the Project Foreman and Superintendent to ensure the successful execution of projects.
Projects will primarily be located in Grand County, CO, and surrounding areas.
Occasional travel may be required for certain projects, but the majority of the work will be based in Grand County, CO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This is a full-time, year-round position with minimal down days.
Bear Claw Land Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
General Laborer – Fire Mitigation Forestry Company
Bear Claw Land Services
Grand County, CO
As a General Laborer for our Fire Mitigation Forestry Company, you will play a crucial role in supporting our efforts to mitigate fire risks and maintain the health of forests. You will be responsible for a variety of physical tasks, assisting in wildfire prevention and management activities. Your dedication and hard work will contribute to protecting our environment, promoting forest health, and ensuring the safety of surrounding communities.
– Assist in fire mitigation projects, including but not limited to thinning, clearing, and removal of hazardous vegetation.
– Perform manual labor tasks such as raking, shoveling, digging, and lifting heavy objects to support fire prevention activities.
– Operate hand tools and equipment, such as chainsaws, brush cutters, and power tools, in a safe and efficient manner.
– Follow established protocols and guidelines to ensure personal and team safety during all operations.
– Collaborate with a team of forestry professionals, actively participating in group projects and demonstrating effective teamwork.
– Maintain and repair tools and equipment as necessary to ensure proper functionality and longevity.
– Monitor and report any potential hazards or risks observed during work activities to the supervisor.
– Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and regulations related to fire mitigation and safety standards.
– Participate in training programs and workshops to enhance skills and knowledge related to fire management and forestry practices.
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Prior experience in manual labor, general construction, or related fields is preferred.
– Physical fitness and ability to perform physically demanding tasks in various weather conditions.
– Knowledge of basic hand tools and equipment used in forestry and fire mitigation operations.
– Familiarity with safety protocols and procedures for working in outdoor environments, including fire prevention and personal protective equipment (PPE) usage.
– Ability to work effectively in a team environment and follow instructions from supervisors.
– Strong work ethic, reliability, and commitment to completing assigned tasks on time.
– Willingness to learn and adapt to new techniques and procedures in the field of fire mitigation and forestry.
– Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from the job site.
– First Aid/CPR certification (preferred).
– Competitive wages commensurate with experience and performance.
– Training and professional development programs to enhance skills.
– Access to appropriate safety gear and equipment.
– Meaningful work that contributes to environmental conservation and community safety.
Note: This job description outlines the general duties and requirements of the position. The responsibilities and tasks may vary depending on the specific needs and projects of the company.